The half-day summit includes members from the entire leather supply chain, from a major beef producer, tanners to leather goods retailers. The invited guests will gather in a small, intimate setting at The Harvard Club to discuss the future of global hide markets. The meeting purpose is to create a better understanding of the economic forces impacting the global beef business, hide supply and demand, and the subsequent cost implications to the leather trade. Bob Moore, CEO comments; ‘I hope that this meeting is interesting, informative and thought provoking. SRL thank JBS, and The Maxfield Report for their participation’.
SRL Hide Summit Agenda:
- 12:30pm Luncheon and introductions: Bob Moore
- 1pm ‘The World’s Economic Situation’: Cheikh Kane, Chief Economist/Strategist, JBS S.A.
- 1:30pm ‘The Global Beef Markets, Hide Supply, Demand and Future Expectations’: Randy Geist, Marco Barros Sampaio, and Scott Shepard, JBS, USA
- 2:30pm Break
- 2:45pm ‘The Hide Market, Ups and Downs, and Reading Tea Leaves’: Ken Maxfield, The Maxfield Report
- 3:30pm Break
- 3:45pm Discussion
- 4:30pm. Finish
- Evening dinner hosted by GST Autoleather and SRL.
Printer friendly version
Email this article to a friend